We understand that selecting a secondary school that best suits your child’s needs is a major decision for families. As such, Boronia K-12 College aims to provide families with the required support network and information to assist in aiding your decision and ease your child’s transition into their secondary schooling.
We will have a number of opportunities for parents and children to visit Boronia K-12 College through a number of school tours typically taking place in the earlier months of the year, generally from late February to early May. During these tours, you will be given the opportunity to see the daily operation of classes with staff and students present.
Please click the school tours tab in menu bar to book your tour!
Unfortunately, at this point in time the College in unable to accommodate private or alternate tour dates.
Enrolling for Year 7
Initially, your child’s primary school is responsible for managing the Year 7 application process.
Applicants attending government or Catholic primary schools are provided with transition packages by their primary schools around mid-April of the student’s Grade 6 year. Once the Application for Enrolment (Year 7) Form is completed, parents return this to the primary school who then forward it onto the secondary school listed as first preference.
If you would like your child to attend Boronia K-12 College, it is important to list us as your first preference.
Please note, that Year 7 placements are allocated in accordance with DEECD guidelines, applications for Year 7 entry to Boronia K-12 College are processed in the following priority order:
- Pre-existing students of Boronia K-12 College
- Students for whom Boronia K-12 College is the designated neighbourhood school to their place of residence.
- Students who already have a brother or sister currently enrolled in the school and who will continue to be enrolled at the school the following year.
- Students who seek enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- Any remaining places will be allocated on the basis of proximity of residence to the school
Enrolments for Year 7 only take place when a child is in Grade 6. This policy applies to all government secondary schools, statewide.
Confirmation of Application
A confirmation of your successful application will be posted home to families in early September. The enclosed letter will contain details for a Year 7 Information Evening.
Families will receive an Enrolment Information Details form. This form is an essential part of your child’s enrolment.
When enrolling, parents/caregivers will need to provide:
- A completed Enrolment Information Details form
- A copy of their child’s birth certificate
- Asthma Management Plan – if required
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan – if required
- Copies of standing court orders relating to your child – if present
A package containing relevant information regarding school fees, uniform, College Expectations, and other documentation will be distributed to families who attend the Information Session.
A copy of the Uniform Price List can be obtained here.
For further information or queries, please contact the General Office on (03) 9760 4900 or email us: email@example.com.