The kindergarten program aims to foster all aspects of your child’s development through participating in a variety of activities.
These are mostly based on the children’s interests where we extend their range of skills and knowledge depending on what they are interested in at the time. Guidance and encouragement through teacher initiated experiences also form a large part of our program and this extends the children beyond what they already know. The educational program contributes to the following outcomes from our Victorian Curriculum “The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework”.
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
An example of a normal kindergarten session is as follows:
- Children arrive and unpack their belongings for the day
- Indoor activities
- Morning Tea
- Outdoor time
- Children help pack up and go inside
- Mat time/story
- Collection of children