It is important that kindergarten is a positive experience for you and your child.
They will experience meeting new people as well as taking part in new routines. This can make your child feel reluctant to leave your side. It is helpful to be positive about the experience and support your child with their feelings. It is important that is settled at Kindergarten before you leave. Give them a kiss and a cuddle and some reassurance that you will be returning at the end of the session. At the end of the session provide your child lots of encouragement about all the wonderful things that they have done at Kindergarten that day.
What to bring to kinder sessions
- A kinder bag to hold belongings and a change of clothes
- A wide brimmed or legionnaires sun hat in Terms 1 and 4
- Sunscreen applied before attending (available in bathroom for parents if they forget)
- A coat, gloves and beanie on cold/wet days
- A healthy snack/lunch box
- A drink bottle filled with water only
- A spare change of clothes including socks and underwear
Please ensure that clothing, hats, bags and lunch boxes etc. are clearly named.