Boronia K-12 College welcomes parent involvement and is fortunate to already have active participation by parents at both a formal and informal level.
Our College Council, its sub committees and Parent Club are formal areas of involvement. We anticipate strong and lasting relationships with entire families as their children progress through their learning. Participation is also available in areas such as reading, sport, PMP, camps, canteen, school banking, working bees and social/fund raising activities. We encourage you to contact the College to discuss how to become involved.
The Parents’ Club is a great opportunity for parents to get together and make an improvement to the education of all students in the College. Any parent or guardian of a child enrolled Boronia K-12 College may become a part of the club. The club’s executive comprises a President, Vice President, Secretary and a Treasurer elected at the Annual General Meeting by financial members of the association. New members are always welcome.
The Parents’ Club meets monthly on a set day. These meetings are open to all parents and guardians and any other person invited to attend by the association.
The purpose of the Parents’ Club is to:
- Provide a forum for parents to consider issues to do with the education and welfare of their children.
- Initiate and or support parent education programs by inviting guest speakers from both inside and outside the College to stimulate discussion on topics of interest.
- Initiate and organise social events for the school community.
- Raise funds for the benefits of all students.
- Liaise with Student Representative Council to support their fund-raising efforts.
- Support the Student wellbeing team.
- Support the Music Program.
Please contact us if you have any suggestions or concerns. We are here to promote our school’s sense of community. If you would like to assist in any way please contact the General Office on 9760 4900