The vision of our College is to provide a safe, supportive and stimulating learning environment that engages and challenges students and adults to love learning, experience success and be effective and caring members of the global community.
Our College Values are:
Community – Achievement – Respect – Life Long Learning
Our vision and values are closely aligned to the expectations that we have of all members of our school community.Boronia K-12’s Values & Vision Statement Student Code of Expectations Staff Code of Expectations Parent Code of Expectations
One of the key functions of a school council is to contribute to the broad vision and direction of a school through strategic planning. Strategic planning is the process of:
- Reflecting on the school’s past performance
- Establishing future directions and
- Deciding on what will constitute success
Throughout 2016 the College undertook a review of the previous Strategic Plan. This means that as a school community we reflected on important questions such as:
- What student outcomes did we aim to achieve?
- What student outcomes did we achieve?
- Why did we/did we not achieve improvements in student outcomes?
- How effectively did we manage our resources to support the achievement of improved student outcomes?
- What can we do in the future to continue to improve?
The College is now in the process of writing a new Strategic Plan that will
- Provide a statement to our community about what we stand for and intend to do, over the next four years, to improve student outcomes.
- Re-define what the school values most and
- Set out the school’s goals and targets, key strategies for improvement and its resourcing priorities
Annual Implementation Plan
In collaboration with the principal, school councils is responsible for developing an annual implementation plan . The plan outlines one-year goals that are steps towards achieving the broader targets set in the strategic plan. It provides a reference point for monitoring the school’s progress.Current Annual Implementation Plan
The report is developed by the school principal and it provides the school community with information regarding the achievements of the previous year.Current Annual Report